Blog Archive

Friday, August 14, 2015

Buttermilk Pancakes with Peach Raspberry Compote



Mmmmm... that FRUIT! I love the flavor combination of peaches and raspberries. So when I saw that this week's MIT assignment had a compote in the recipe, I knew that the pancakes would be the canvas for mopping up my favorite part of a pancake: The sweet stuff. It's not optional in my book. It's no secret, and I'm certainly not ashamed to admit: I was born with a sweet tooth. It just runs in my family. You can get the recipe for the pancakes (which are delicious in their own right) HERE, but as the compote's combination was my adventure, I'll post it below. Don't get nervous... it's supposed to simmer for a long time.


Peach Raspberry Compote


2 ripe peaches
1 pint fresh raspberries
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
2 Tbsp. brown sugar

Peel and dice your peaches. If they're just right, the skin will peel off easily with the initial scrape of a knife.

Thoroughly wash raspberries. 

Combine everything in a saucepan and let simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally. Do this until the liquids reduce and you're left with a beautiful, syrupy, compote. 

You can enjoy this over pancakes, waffles, ice cream, cheesecake, etc. 

To learn more about this course, click here: Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment