Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Scottish "Raison" Scones

...personally, raisins are not my favorite. I know many would disagree with me, however I think raisins have no place in baked goods. blech. So i substituted the assigned recipe with chocolate chucks. 

This week's assignment was "Scones and Coffee". It was a weird chapter for me, because A) I don't drink coffee, and just didn't care about that part, and B) I didn't feel like I learned anything novel (which may have been a result of speeding through the coffee portion), except that these scones are not very sweet and pretty much plain bread with chocolate chips. They sure do look pretty, though. 



To learn more about this course, click here: Scones and Coffee

2 comments:

  1. Using chocolate in place of raisins is an interesting twist on the recipe. I always thought raisins gave the scones the flavor they needed. I'll have to try it with chocolate sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raisins might make it taste a little more sweet... since I'm not a fan of raisins and replaced it with chocolate, I'm not sure. I'll have to try it with raisins, sometime. :)
      If I don't end up loving them, I think I live with someone who does. :)

      Delete