Blog Archive

Friday, November 21, 2014

Leftovers #1: Tomato Noodle Soup

I'm not gonna lie: I'm not the biggest fan of tomato soup. However: one cold, rainy day in Salt Lake, left with no car to go grocery shopping and very limited supplies in my cupboard I came up with this. It was actually pretty tasty and it's become a cold-weather fave. After many the times I've made this, here is an easy way I  found to put it all together. 

Tomato Noodle Soup


1/3 recipe of homemade tomato soup (yes, this will cause you to make the soup and then portion it out, but it will most likely be healthier).*
1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1/3 box of pasta (penne, wheels, mini-shells, etc), cooked to package directions.
2/3 cups cream (optional)
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Croutons

Combine everything together and heat through (10-15 minutes). Done. Eat. YUM! 


*To make cooking this even easier, you could use 2 cans of Tomato Soup (I like Campbells' Tomato Bisque), instead of making your own soup. This serves about 4. 


No comments:

Post a Comment