Blog Archive

Friday, January 30, 2015

Yummy Buttery Carrots

If there's one thing I know, it's this: Butter makes EVERYTHING taste AMAZING. In fact, there's only one recipe that I know of where margarine works better than butter (no-bake cookies). My Aunt Shelley makes the most incredible carrots for lots of family and holiday dinners and it is one of the things I look forward to most. I love these carrots SO much I've even heard them referenced to as "Allyson's carrots" on occasion. :) They are absolutely glorious and yet so simple. There really is something to be said for simple things being the best things in life.

Another thing: call me crazy, but I had no idea carrots came in different colors until this past fall. They are absolutely beautiful. I mean, the purple carrots have yellow centers for cryin' out loud! I've been wanting to try this recipe with them, ever since.*

Aunt Shelley's Buttered Carrots with Parsley

 - or - 

Allyson's Carrots

1 pound carrots, peeled and cut on the diagonal
4 Tbsp. real butter (unsalted)
Kosher Salt (to taste)
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped 

Steam carrots until they're fork-tender.

In a saute pan, melt the butter with the parsley then add carrots and salt, stirring to coat. Let simmer until they're very soft, about 10 minutes.

That's pretty much it.


* If you can't find rainbow carrots, it's ok. The regular orange carrots taste just as incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment